Thursday, September 30, 2021

Remembering September


As the sun sets on September...
let me just recap a few of the happenings of this past month.


We started the month off with a family wedding on September 1st.


After postponing their destination wedding that was scheduled to take place last year...
Kris and Lina decided to get married at home instead.


It was a lovely ceremony in their front yard with their five children as attendants...


 ...and a 'small crowd' of family as witnesses.


Ranen joined the string trio after the ceremony...
and they made beautiful music together.

The backyard reception was 
a wonderful family celebration.


Oh joy!


Our prayer for them and their family.

September was also corn harvest time on the farm.


My kitchen window view opened up once again!


As they cut the last of the corn next...
the neighbour's chickens came in to glean.


Now that the corn is off, the bears will have to look elsewhere for their next free meal.
The 'bear circles' in the corn field are clearly visible in this photo taken from a helicopter.


We picked a perfectly fine day last week for a short cruise on Harrison Lake with good friends.
I think we'll do that again sometime!

We have enjoyed the fall weather...
and the chance to catch up with friends over dinner or coffee this past month.


As I look out the window today...
I'm thinking it is time to move our gatherings indoors.

I am thankful for the seasons.
For each there is a time and a purpose!


9 comments:

  1. A wonderful celebration!

    Bear circles...I had no idea. Always learning something new here. Your autumn view is most welcome I am certain. Happy October! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Kris and Lina! Beautiful photos of their wedding reception.
    The bear circles in the corn are so interesting to see. Our area had many bear sightings lately but they were looking for full garbage cans or full bird feeders.
    The lake cruise with friends looks so nice. Have a wonderful October and a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos of a happy occassion for your blended family! May God bless their home with joy and peace. I have nice memory of sitting on that beautiful patio in the summer, but your rain photo looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to celebrate as a family! The photos showcase a beautiful celebration. So glad you have had a great September. Now on to a wonderful October. There will be rain, but also sunshine, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the Newlyweds! Family celebrations are the best. How do the bears make the circles? Probably a dumb question, but this is new to me. I like the photo of the chickens gleaning. And the rainy window at the end - gorgeous to this desert dweller!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Vee on not knowing about bear circles. Gives me a good reason to stay out of cornfields!! Beautiful wedding. The family photo is great. I guess those are free range chickens. :) Happy October to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Waterloo Ontario! I was on here after doing a search for peorogies- but then I started seeing other posts and I got to here---I nearly cried seeing Harrison Lake- my parents and all my siblings live in Abbotsford and for the past 2 years unable to visit due to the virus- I miss going to Harrison Hot Springs so much! Thank you for posting. Blessings. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post filled with beautiful scenery and memories made.💖

    ReplyDelete
  9. Revisiting here this morning.....I see my previous comment didn’t make it all the way there! Love all the beautiful photos of your wonderful life.....and that last one from inside looking out best of all.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson