Friday, December 7, 2007

mocha latte mates

What a glorious winter day we had yesterday in our valley! Sunshine and snow-capped peaks...and a good friend who came to share a mocha latte while we listened to Josh Groban's Noel. Is there a better way to enjoy the season?


Marg and I had planned to get together for lattes after our vacations and catch up (we were both away for a few weeks in November). Yesterday was the day...my kitchen was the place!

I decided it was time to learn how to make lattes, and it wasn't all that complicated. If you have a good blender, you're in business! Steam two cups of whole milk; pour into blender together with chocolate syrup and blend on high until good and frothy. Pour good, strong coffee into bottom 1/3 of each mug...slowly pour in frothy milk. Top with whipped cream & sprinkle with cocoa or cinnamon if desired. Now sip with a good friend!!!! Then be ready to make another round or two of lattes, because you may still be sitting there a few hours later.

It was so good to catch up...so much to talk about! We covered crocheted baby blankets, blogging, grandkids (of course), geo trax trains, creekside and lellow, care groups, christmas baking and decorating, friends we have in common, scrapbooking, family, and so much more...and before we knew it, it was dark outside. Until next time...



"Friendship is like a violin; the music may stop now and then, but the strings will last forever."

By the way, how was your vacation, Marg? We never had time to discuss it!

5 comments:

  1. Well done my friend. Later I was thinking, Why didn't I take pictures of the angels and the Inukshuk?

    My head is still lifted high thinking of all the things we love to do most.

    Have a wonderful sunny day my friend.
    I asked for a tripod for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it does sound like a wonderful time. The thing that impresses me is that you actually take the time to sit and talk. It does seem like that is beginning to be a lost art.

    I'm going to buy the goodies for that fruitcake this morning. I can't get it out of my head.

    Marg . .About the tripod. We bought the little one that has the short legs that can be wrapped around branches. You never know where you'll want that picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that sounds like so much fun...makes me extra glad that my bff Jacqui has moved down South to be close to us...what do I appreciate? My friends and a cup of hot Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's all there is to it? Well, I just may have a real life friend or two that I need to catch up with. Seems as if between work and online community, blogging, and family, I have sorely neglected some folks. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. .... and if you pour first the milk and then the strong italian coffee on top of it, it tastes even better. I enjoy the latte macciato with and without a friend.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson