Thursday, June 11, 2009

whatever...

There are days where nothing much goes according to schedule...


...and you have no option but to go with a clock where time doesn't really matter! Yesterday happened to be one of those days. I had my day perfectly organized...and left home bright and early in the morning. My dad is in the hospital once again...and I had plans of spending some time with him before meeting a friend for brunch. It wasn't long before I found myself in a gridlock on our freeway once again...and soon heard that an overturned truck had lost it's load...and it would be sometime before the traffic would be moving freely.


There was no need for the traffic sign warning us to slow down...we couldn't have been travelling much slower! I amused myself by watching the trucks on the side roads...and listening to the latest from British Columbia's political scene on a talk radio show...and looking at my watch...and making a few phonecalls. I crossed Item A off my list...and made it to the ABC Restaurant in Abbotsford just in time to meet my friend. We had a wonderful visit...and paid absolutely no attention to the clock...and soon it was afternoon. By the time I had visited my dad, I decided to scrap the rest of the items on my list and head for home. There's always tomorrow to finish 'the list'...yesterday I just did 'whatever'!
Have a great day...

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that your dad is back in hospital. At least, he will receive the care that he needs there. I'll be praying for him, and for you. Dairymary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days you just have to 'go with the flow'. Parts of the whatever day were a treat.....new friends, good conversation........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow the day always works out, on God's time I guess. Sorry about Dad. Hope he is well soon. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today . .. I am having a day that time has no meaning. My back has time standing or lying. . or sitting still. . .and it takes every bit of patience I have. . .
    Presently I have my notebook on my lap. . .and at least I can still find my friends.
    I have one must do on my list . . .to organize my cupboards again so when I send Terry to get me something. . . I actually know where to have him look.

    Glad you had a nice time with your friend. . traffic jams or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the way to rock and roll a day :)

    Hope your dad feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. judy...we had a click like that in our childrens bathroom since it kepr time according to their attitude......but i think the hunidty killed it so it never kept time anyway.....we often have days like that around here and it is good to go with the flow.....however slow.
    i hope your dad is doing better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It drive me crazy to be bogged down when I am crisply on my way to do good things. Now when I am heading out to noodle around with no plans...there never seems to be a delay. Why is that????

    Healing for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute clock.
    I am sorry to hear that your dad is back in the hospital. I hope he is well again soon.
    Traffic jams like that are so frustrating, but it seems that you made good use of your time.
    Better luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a clock like yours. In fact, that is how my imaginary clock would look so often during the days of my week. I try to plan things out, but just like you said, at the end of my day, it all turned out so differently. My husband says, "that it is God's clock schedule and not mine". I could relate to you the whole way through this post. So sorry to hear that your dad is back in the hospital, that has to feel sad to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had an evening like that this weekend --a car ride that should have taken 50 minutes ended up to be two and a half hours long due to road work and closed lanes. When that happens all we can do is grin and bear it and just be happy we get to where we need to be in one piece.

    I hope your Dad is OK -- sorry to hear he had to go back to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson