Friday, December 3, 2010

worth watching....

There are not that many movies out there that are worth recommending to others...but we have seen a few excellent ones recently that you might just want to check out.

We just watched 'Letters to God' with our granddaughters this week...a heartfelt tale of inspiration and hope.


A young boy who is fighting cancer writes letters to God, impacting lives in his neighborhood and school and inspiring hope among everyone he comes in contact with. 


And a most touching movie about the power of forgiveness...

...is called Amish Grace and based on the real life story that took place in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania a few years ago.  Be sure to have the kleenex nearby!

We saw Secretariat on the big screen in October...but I'm sure it will available on DVD anytime, and is such an excellent movie!


Produced by Disney...and based on the real life story of the greatest race horse ever...it sends out the message that it is possible to triumph against all odds.

So...if you are looking for some viewing suggestions with a positive message...those are a few that are worth checking out.


Have a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendations, Judy. These all sound like movies that I would like.
    Wishing you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am always looking for recommendations where movies are concerned. We're on a movie watching kick just now so it's nice to have a few new ones to be looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about Secretariat and Letters to God. Haven't seen the other one but have heard from others that it is excellent.The real "southern" nurse at the hospital desk when the mom goes into work in "Letters"is from here and went to school with my daughter. We were quite surprised to see her.She has been in a couple of other things, but I think this may be her biggest role so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for those recommendations, I hadnt come across them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as our son moves back here he's going to have to fix our DVD player. Neither one of us is savvy in these areas! Don't know what we did to mess it up - it's only a year old! Thanks for these recommendations - will keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good to know you shared those movies...I'm out to find the Amish Story.
    Hope your day is going fine with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw "Letters to God" in the theatre when it came out. So good, of course I cried my eyes out. Blahhhhhhh

    Haven't seen the last two movies you mentioned, but want too. I'll wait for the DVD to come out and rent them.

    Thanks for the reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently reading the book "Think No Evil" which Anneliese mentioned in her blog a few weeks ago so I will definately look into seeing Amish Grace. What a fascinating culture and there is so much to be learned from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate recommendations for good, worthwhile movies. Thank you so much. "Letters to God" was written right here in my part of the world. "Secretariat" is one our list too.

    Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the reviews! Always looking for something to watch with the grand kids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're not much for the movies, so I like to get a recommendation from a trusted source. I'll keep these in mind for lazy evenings over hte holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for reminding me to check out those film over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Judy, Sorry you aren't feeling well. Mine is just a cold but it is hanging on. Morning are the worst! I pray that you will be well soon.Thanks for dropping by even when you feel bad...that is special!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All three movies sound wonderful, Judy! I'll be on the lookout for them. I found the "Hallmark" channel on my cable service provider and it also has very nice,family friendly, movies and shows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, for your recommendations, Judy. We haven't seen a movie in a very long time, for the reason you mentioned - so few worth the time. The ones you mentioned sound good.. I'll try to rent them!

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson