Thursday, May 5, 2011

peppernuts and platz for the road...

Peppernuts...
traditionally baked at Christmas time...
have become a favorite for all seasons around here.  

Yesterday my granddaughter took them to school...as the finale of her project on her family heritage.
Each student presented an ethnic food for their classmates to sample.
Apparently the taste-testing went well!
She took along the Mennonite Girls Can Cook cookbook as well...
just in case anyone wanted the recipe from page 188.

Today I'm baking Platz (fruit-topped coffee cake) for the road.
You are quite welcome to come sample...

...if you happen to be in the area of Grand Pappy's Home Furniture this afternoon.
We...the cookbook girls...
will be there to meet and greet.
Brandy will be there to sell you any appliance you may desire...
or even a Mennonite Girls Can Cook cookbook.
Oh...and we'll even sign it for you.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. My MGCC cookbook arrived in the mail yesterday. Today after DH leaves for work, I plan to sit down with my hot tea and look through it. I have my page markers at the ready to mark the recipes I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys have a blast! I adore the new header (like the photo seen here) on MGCC. Your granddaughter is a smart cookie to share her heritage in such a wonderful fashion. Who knows? Perhaps she'll be doing her own cookbook one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day Judy! The peppernuts look great and I know that platz will be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful crazy day for you guys! Have a blast, wish I were there, but at least I get Betty first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy - you girls are having the best fun and in the process raising money for your special cause as well. Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This evening is the first time in my life that I find myself wishing, really wishing I would have lived near Grand Pappy's Home Furniture. I just think it would have been so much fun. Love the way you did your cover of your new cookbook. I know the book will be flying off the shelves. I can't wait to order my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And did you go to the book-signing in your spiffy old Merc? wearing an apron? Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful book signing! Peppernuts is on my list of recipes I will make from the cookbook! I gave my friend her MGCC cookbook birthday present and she was thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson