Monday, November 30, 2020

November ~ a look back

As I write this post I am trying to recall the highlights of the month...
and it doesn't seem like there were too many.


But this I know...
we had a lot of rainbows this month.

Rainbows are a symbol of hope...
and we need that these days.

We were back under strict pandemic restrictions for most of the month...
so haven't strayed too far from home or spent much time with friends or family.
Three grandchildren celebrated birthdays this month.
Quietly.  
Without us.
We dropped off gifts, goodies and good wishes.
Emme and Spencer are nineteen now...
two lovely young ladies that are best of friends.
Micah is eleven.


We took advantage of any fair-weather days to get outside and enjoy beauty close to home.


The trail along the river is always a favorite place to walk.


My mother and mother-in-law both passed away twenty years ago..
within a few months of each other.  
Both of them kept our family supplied with 'grandma slippers'.
That supply has long since run out and those slippers are still a favorite.
So I am crocheting slippers in the evening...
while 'watching' TV.
We'll see if they will do the trick! 

Simple pleasures are life's treasures.



There were many simple pleasures this month.
Like seeing new growth on my cactus cuttings.
 My dad had a cactus which was six feet tall and decades old...
and he really wanted us all to have a piece of it. 
He started some cuttings just weeks before he passed away...
and I started some more in hopes that we would each get a plant.
Now if I can only keep them growing!


Simple pleasures like...
watching this pair of doves that hang out in my back yard.


Or the woodpecker that feasts outside my kitchen window.


Simple pleasures like a cozy home decked out for Christmas in November...


...or listening to Christmas music by a talented young gal who is near and dear to me.


I took this photo yesterday...
the first Sunday of Advent.

HOPE.



May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13





6 comments:

  1. A beautiful, serene post for such chaotic, turbulent times. Thank you, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quiet month for easing through a grieving season. I am sure that you enjoyed your beautiful home and your beautiful surroundings. Love that you were still out and about taking hikes when and where you could. Nothing beats good, fresh air. Happy Belated Birthday to the girls who are 19 already and to Micah. None of them slow down that's for sure. The rainbows are exquisite. Have a blessed December...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can it be that you have 19 year-old grandchildren? It looks like you took advantage of some "at home" activities, crocheting, keeping the memories alive and making your home cozy and festive. I love the pair of doves and the woodpecker - so serene. What a year it's been! Stay well and may there be many more blessings and rainbows in store for you this Christmas and in the new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those girls, 19, already. Those socks will be appreciated for sure. Your tree looks amazing. Just think we could have been gathering this weekend for our annual Christmas dinner. The highlight of the year. Happy for all the great memories!! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good post on hope! The rainbow reminds me of Jade's rainbow that she made in school with attachments of some of God's promises. She was so excited about her craft and what it said. I hope your cacti grow. Looks like a good start! Special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am enjoying catching up on your monthly posts. I did not realize I had missed so many......

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson