Sunday, January 17, 2010

helping others to soar...

First of all, then, I urge you to offer to God petitions, prayers, intercessions,
and expressions of thanks for all people.
1 Timothy 2:1

The prayers of others make a huge difference in my life...one day I'll know exactly how big a difference. I belong to a prayer group...where we share a lot of laughs and everyday happenings of life...and we also are committed to praying for each other. 2009 came with many challenges for each of us...but we all felt the strength that comes from intercessory prayer. Let's pray for each other...it will make a difference.

Sunday blessings...

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I know that this is true. I've felt the buoying effects of prayer and have just known that others were praying even if I didn't know who was praying. It's an incredible power this intercessory prayer. I'm so glad that the Lord allows us to experience it. Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. One of the greatest gifts my friends can give me, is times of prayer and petition. It is a real blessing and always gives me joy. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been times in my life, too, when the awareness of unknown people praying for me and mine has been a huge encouragement. Yes, we'll have to wait to find out who and how, so for now we'll just have to accept and give back when we can.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson