Saturday, November 17, 2007

home...sweet home!

As of late last night (actually, it was the wee hours of the morning), we are home! It was so good of Tim to spend his Friday night picking up his in-laws from YVR...especially when he would have so much sooner been helping Heidi with all the last minute details at her shop, which is opening it's doors today. He knows all the shortcuts between here and Richmond, and had us home in no time! It was a little strange (& yet so familiar) to have the windshield wipers going all the way home. We had not had even a sprinkle of rain since we left on our road trip three weeks ago.

Here are a few of the 'comforts of home' I was really looking forward to.

My king size bed, with it's comfy mattress and luxurious sheets...it's a step up from the cozy RV bed, and it was so good to sleep in it (even it was a short sleep!).

My Starbucks Barista coffeemaker was back in action first thing this morning. I had a moment of fear when I found the coffee shelf was bare...and there was none in the pantry...but my Costco shelves downstairs still had a good supply. I've kind of missed having my ready cup of coffee these last few weeks.
And my favorite way to start the day is at my bar with my cup of coffee and my good friends from Global TV who keep me informed on all the latest. I like to know what's happening out there...even if a lot of it is not good news.
But these little everyday comforts of home, don't compare with the joy of seeing the family once again! How great it was to hug my little munchkins from next door this morning, who stopped by to welcome us home. They all had so many things to share with us. Tomorrow we'll have the whole gang over for a pizza party, and a belated birthday celebration for Emme & Spencer.
Now I must go unpack the suitcases and get my life organized once more. And I'm looking forward to stopping by 'Lellow'...Heidi's shop for kids, which she has been dreaming and scheming about for so long!

5 comments:

  1. Yippee! You're home! Now I was so excited that I didn't even read your post...off to do that right now!

    In a word, if you all get together, YES, I do want to be included. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good to see you back in action. I can certainly see why you missed the comforts of home. It's funny to think that we are likely doing exacatly the same thing every morning. I think the thing we miss most when we travel south is the lack of news of home.
    I'll have to venture out your direction next week to have a peek at the new store. I can't wait to see it. I'll be sure to name drop when I do . . .smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to know you are home.
    Hug your kids and babes.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson