Thursday, November 22, 2007

lellow

lellow...a shop for modern kids.


Heidi and her friend Fran, have been planning, scheming and working hard to make this dream a reality...and the doors opened for the first time on Saturday morning.


They say 'if we build it, they will come'...and that seems to be the case with lellow. Since they first unlocked the door a few days ago, they have a had a steady stream of customers. Apparently, the products sell themselves! How would I know? Things have really changed since I was a young mommy. I bought 'toughskins' and 'osh kosh' for the boys...practical clothes they could never wear out! The furniture came with names like Storkcraft & Graco...the toys were Fisher Price and Hasbro. Those are names that you won't find here. Nope...this is a modern place, with cool stuff!


Bumbo seats...the only seat out there for babies who are not yet able to sit up on their own. Now here is something I wish we would have had! I think they are made in South Africa & till now the young moms have had to go out of town to buy them. No more!

And oh, so many more things to check out!



And what a fun place for mom's to shop! They have an enclosed area for the kids to play in...with lots of neat toys to try out. And here's a fun feature...they will host baby showers after hours, right at their shop (they have a big multi-purpose back room).


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." (Henry David Thoreau)

Heidi took a risk and gave up the security of a good job in order to follow her dreams. We wish her and Fran all the best in their new and exciting venture. So for all you modern kids, mommies, and grammies out there...shop lellow!

PS shoplellow.com is coming soon to a computer near you!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Judy,
    I felt like I was browsing through the store in Gas Town. I saw some of these same things there and just figured I'd have to go back but no more . .I'm a modern grammie and I'll be there.
    Congratulations Heidi on your beautiful new store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun...love the wonderful ideas....best of luck to them!

    Wishing you the happiest of Thanksgivings!

    smiles, kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I wish them all the luck in the world!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! You were right in my town on your holiday! You even went right by my work when you went to Oatman! Small, small world!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun and wonderful ideas. I wish Heidi good luck with her new store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!I saw Heidi's store front advertisement in the paper. She has worked so hard at getting that off to a start and encountered many challenges. You must be so proud of her.

    I can't wait to drop in. It seems like there are babies everywhere.

    The best to all of you in your new endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! All the best to Heidi and her wonderful dream. I love that name! Very clever!

    (Your memories of being a mom matched mine product for product. Oh, was that baby seat recently recalled or just some of them?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful store, congratulations to Heidi on following her dreams!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heidi, congratulations - your store looks wonderful. You are a winner. Good luck and best wishes.


    martha

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson