Wednesday, September 29, 2010

going green today....

Green...what I see from my window.


It's a wonderful change from the grey of the recent past! 
The rain has stopped...and the sun is shining down on us.
 By the end of the day our grass fields will be lying in windrows...
the last cut of the year.


Green...and delicious...the beans we had for dinner last night.
If you are looking for a tasty bean dish...
check out the recipe for Yaletown Beans on the Lepp Farm Market webpage.
Most delicious!

Green...the colour of the cakes I am decorating this morning....

...to go with the green theme of  my grandgirlie's second birthday celebration.

I'll tell you about that...tomorrow.

Enjoy the day...

9 comments:

  1. Green is a beautiful colour, especially when it's paired with a blue sky! Wishing you and your grandgirlie a grand day as you celebrate in green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green. Those beans do look good and I'm looking forward to seeing the cake you make :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo, yummy looking beans and sweet little hat and frog...happy birthday wishes...enjoy. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I looked at your first photo I felt like singing "the hills are alive with the sound of music". Such a beautiful view you have.
    The beans look delish. I will be checking out that recipe.
    The frog themed birthday celebration looks like such fun. I will be back to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color green...and I'll be looking for those windrows, the last of the season...
    Safety and blessing to you as you harvest..
    I think I've seen that touque before....Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of those green fields and the yummy beans and oh yes the hat too. Waiting for 'party pictures'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two years old already!? The green frog theme looks like fun!

    My grandson is not far behind. I hear he is having a "Going Bananas" party with his friends when the big day arrives. He likes the "Curious George" books about a monkey.

    Enjoy your harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh happy birthday to your granddaughter. ..I love the green theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After loving blistered green beans I am looking for more green bean recommends. Thanks for the tip.

    (We've got yellow too at our place...leaves, not beans!)

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson