Wednesday, February 16, 2011

unexpected visitor...

No sooner had my grands left with their bags yesterday morning...


...than I looked up to see a face pressed against the glass beside my front door.  
He smiled at me...and waited.

I chatted with him a bit on the front porch...
but I had places to go and people to see...
and so I left him there to fend for himself.

I'm not sure how long he stayed...
or where he came from!

For those of you who were wondering how I attached my sign to the Hardie board siding...
the solution was Velcro. 
Heavy duty 2 1/2" wide adhesive-backed Velcro.  
It works great...no tools needed!

Have a great day!




14 comments:

  1. Enjoyed catching up on your posts! Lovely safari! Great time with grands! Have fun with all the visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly he over heard your grands on their way home still talking about grammy's cooking. Cute big fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks kind of big and rugged. Hope that he finds his leash soon. What a great way to hang your wonderful sign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just about to say 'oh no - you need a rest today' and then read that you didn't take him in!
    I love the idea of velcro - perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your visitor looks like a friendly chap!
    Thanks for the velcro tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad he smiled at you instead of growled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! he is cuuuute! i couldn't have resisted. hope he has loved ones that are looking for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The news of your hospitable welcome is spreading far and wide!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a powerful looking visitor!!!
    He seemed friendly enough?

    Have a sweet day and God Bless ya,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have talked to him from the inside of the door....not greeted him on the porch. Good thing he showed up on your porch. Hope he finds his way home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah the poor chap was either lost or abandoned. I hope someone brought him home and will either look for his owners or keep him. He looked like a nice, friendly dog!

    I love your porch, Judy! The sign looks so good there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, seriously, that looks like a Rottweiler! The official mascot and guardian of grow-ops! I wonder where he came from?

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least you can shoe this visitor away...I was hoping you would have a little rest...One day soon, you will find me perched on your Front Porch...

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson