Monday, February 21, 2011

a 'wee' family reunion...

It's been a wee bit busy over here...all this moving from one table to the next.  We are family...from Iowa, Texas and Manitoba...all gathered in the beautiful Fraser Valley...just for the fun of it. 


Yesterday were at my sister's for brunch...some 36 of us.  And after enough sitting...and eating...and chatting...we went downstairs for our exercise entertainment for the day.  Wii Fit.  We skied...we hula-hooped...we caught footballs...and mostly we laughed! And when we had as much exercise entertainment as we could handle...we tied on our walking shoes and headed up the hill for some real exercise.  The fresh air and the valley view were just what we needed.

They will mostly be heading home tomorrow...but we have one more table to gather around tonight.  That would be the Chinese one...for old times sake. 

Family.  It's a good thing!

Have a great day...

15 comments:

  1. I agree..family is a good thing. Great celebrations together and more wonderful memories made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What blessings we enjoy in the circles of our families! Nothing 'wee' about 36 of you getting together, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family times are the BEST. Laughing and eating together, then going for a walk - sounds like a wonderful time.

    I wonder where you'll be enjoying Chinese food. I have fond memories of my grandmother taking us to a Chinese food restaurant in Abbotsford every time we came home on furlough - I think it was the Bamboo Palace on South Fraserway. Big round tables. Our kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed clicking on your photo collage to enlarge it to look at all the photos more closely, Judy. It looked like you all had such a good time and shared some delicious food! I want a kitchen likes your one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can always believe, visiting here, that family is a very good thing. A great mosaic of fun and activity. How many would there be if it were a "huge" family reunion? Okay, forget that, it'd be the world. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun! Family gatherings are such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like the BEST way to spend a winter weekend! It looks as though the weather cooperated for you and that you had the same sunshine that we had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our family is so small...36 sounds like a BIG reunion to me! So glad you have had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing these photos. Makes me happy. I love to see families eating and playing together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome is THAT??? 36?? I am SO impressed!! What a blessing to have so much family! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a busy place...but good times are about to have been made and all those memories and stories.
    You will deserve a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let me guess...Canton Gardens? You definitely need a good hike to work off those yummy calories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed my visits here and I really enjoyed reading down through your latest posts. Family reunions are so special and it looked like you had so much fun. I was very interested in reading about the visits you made to the countries of Ethiopia and Kenya. I love seeing the children in their uniforms. The quilts were a special gift and I am sure we have no idea how much they appreciated them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your family really knows how to connect and take advantage of opportunities to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...what a great family reunion your having...what fun! So much food, and love that wii.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson