Tuesday, February 1, 2011

what a card...

I thought I had managed to slip into my next year without the hoopla this time...since I celebrated my birthday in relative obscurity at a resort near Mombasa.  I witnessed the dining staff singing 'happy birthday' to an unsuspecting diner earlier that week...and extracted a promise from hubby that he would not make put me through that!  And so on my birthday...we walked the beach in the morning, had a gourmet breakfast, lounged around the pool with some good reading, enjoyed mango ice-cream, swam in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean and and enjoyed a wonderful dinner outdoors late at night.  It was a good day...even without the birthday song! 

But now I'm home...and the kids thought I needed some birthday cake...and 'Happy Birthday to You' sung with gusto.  And cards that made me chuckle.


I could identify with this one!


And then there was one from the grands that needs a whole wall to display.

 
I smiled when I saw what was written inside...'We love you...Grammy Beana'.  I don't hear that nickname so often anymore.  It was something Emme and Spencer came up with when they were wee munchkins...and still use on occasion.

Flowers, gifts, song and dance...oh, and I had my cake and ate it too!  It's always good to celebrate with the family.  Yes, I am blessed...and look forward to what my 29th year may have in store for me.  Smile. 


Tomorrow...I'll take you back to Paris.

20 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Judy - before you go back to Paris I'm going to read your evening in Paris. I noticed it yesterday but didn't have time to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday wishes, Judy. You are quite the amazing woman for only 29 years old.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to celebrate. Belated best wishes from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to look as good as you when I'm 29.
    Can't believe that I missed your birthday, as I had it written down - so belated greetings and a promise to celebrate down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday...sounds like you had a great day and then some extra birthday blessings with the family...lovely cards. And yes have a great 29th year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonne anniversaire....slightly belated now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated birthday to you. Our oldest shares your day. How sweet for your kids and grands to not let things go without celebrating you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you had the chance to celebrate once again..never can eat cake too often can we?
    "Happy Birthday"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...Happy be-lated Birthday!! Sounds like your were loved on by those grands...so sweet!

    Those Paris photos were stunning, sounds like your time there was magical.

    Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! I'm sure it felt great to be welcomed back andyou did not mind the song and dance! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday Judy...you are going to enjoy your thirties.....when you get there!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy Birthday. I see we're the same age (wink). Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday...and we thought of you on that day..but it's sure nice to come home and have those kids deck you out.
    29 for ever...You and me both...
    We will need to take all the advice from Ellen, for next years 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! We can all tell how much you are loved!! That is a priceless gift that only improves with age!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, well, John is still 26 and I'm going along with him even though that means that I have truly robbed the cradle. Happy Birthday, Judy! How fantastic to have celebrated in Mombasa! Still, I know that family means the world to you and so it must've been great fun to celebrate with the kids and grands.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I laughed out loud when I read that card!! I need to get a few to give some friends with bdays coming up!

    Happy Belated Birthday - your celebrations sound wonderful - both away and at home. I'm still drooling over mango ice-cream. gotta find me some :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a nice slab of cake in honor of you on your birthday. . .any reason to celebrate is fine by me. I loved the card. I think I've sent that one myself.

    The resemblance is uncanny. . .kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  18. To me, it sounds like a perfect way to celebrate your birthday...alone with your husband and then greeted by your family back home. Wishing you a special year ahead. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A belated happy birthday to you Judy! It sounds like will be a "29th" birthday you will long remember!
    :D

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson