Tuesday, October 2, 2007

every leaf is a flower...

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. A. Camus


However, around here the 'flowers' are being rained on! I took this photo in the Kootenays exactly one year ago. The days were warm but the evenings were cool and crisp; the leaves were absolutely stunning.

We spent some time cycling the Kettle Valley Railroad trail and it was a wonderful way to enjoy the fall scenery. We took a shuttle to the Paulson Summit and began a three-hour descent (downhill all the way!) back to Christina Lake.

We passed by several historic town sites...

...trestle bridges & tunnels, but we never met another living soul!

After 35 kilometers in the saddle, we were happy to see Christina Lake in the distance. Real bikers actually start at Christina Lake and pedal uphill to the Paulson summit, but this was more my style!

So if it's raining on your autumn 'flowers' take a trip down memory lane, and re-live the colours of yesteryear!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Judy!
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog!! I always enjoy meeting fellow Canadians.

    I have to say when I saw the picture of you on your front step (on your profile pic), I turned green with envy!! I love the facade of your home, and those Craftsman style pillars...so gorgeous. I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful home, especially as you get it decorated for fall!!

    I hope you don't mind of I put you on my links...I love to have Canadians well represented on my blog!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,

    Great way of sharing your yesteryears pictures. My brain is getting full of ideas and so one of these days....I'll let it rip.
    I need to know the route that you took on your cycling tour so I can plan that for me and my best friend..next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy
    Thanks for visiting my blog. You are absolutly right. That is a limelight hydrangea that you saw posted on my blog. We just planted it this past spring and I can see why it would be a favorite. We plan on adding a couple more next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely pictures. Love the trestle bridge.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson