Saturday, October 20, 2007

what a treat...

My Valentine's gift from my hubby was a gift certificate to The Wild Orange Spa. I was thrilled when I opened the card...a wonderful gift! But now it's only four months until Valentine's Day 2008, and I still had not used my gift card. I was waiting for the perfect time...I needed to have a few hours to spare and a good excuse to have a pedicure. So this was the day.

Do all spa days start off with a visit to the farm equipment dealership? Elmer thought if I was in the vicinity anyhow, I might as well pick up some parts for him at the tractor dealership. Why not? While I was here I picked up a few tractor books for Ryder...he will be thrilled!

And then it was off to Costco for a few things, since I was in the area. It seemed everyone in the valley decided that this was the day to visit Costco...it was raining and the schools had a Pro-D day. I was so looking forward to a relaxing time at the spa, but now I was anything but relaxed. Was I going to make it in time for my appointment?

When I saw the line-ups at the till, I was ready to abandon my cart. And how was it that I picked the shortest line-up and it took the longest? My shopping cart nearly became airborne as I raced back to the car...then a few red lights on the way...and eventually I arrived at spa. Now I could relax!


Wild Orange Spa...even the name is peaceful! And what a treat it was.

After a massage, my sister joined me for a pedicure, and we spent an hour gabbing while some lucky gals made our feet beautiful....at least they tried! What a wonderful way to spend a few hours.

And now I can actually say "thank-you" for a wonderful Valentine's gift!

4 comments:

  1. I don't have time every day to visit your front porch. When I do, it's catch-up time. We are so blessed to have been given smiles! Not long ago a new person at work told me "You're always smiling". I guess we've been doing it a long time because the girl who sat beside you in that "little girl" picture was smiling, too. When I read your blog I see how much is different in our lives and at the same time how much we share. So just keep passing the blessings along - to your hubby who shares the proceeds of the kitchen time, to your kids and grandkids, to your sisters, and to your friends both on-line and off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    Isn't the Orange Spa wonderful? Took my first dive at it in summer. Yesterday was my day also for a pedicure at Soul to Soul.
    We obviously love to go back to back on our schedules eh? That's so funny!! How can you tell we're all getting ready to holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! (Well, once you actually got there.) You described the shopping so well that I thought I had lived it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun day. I'm so glad you had a chance to relax and pretty up a bit before heading south. That must be coming soon.

    Those Costco lineups, isn't it amazing how long they are when we have no time? Crazy.
    Glad you made it on time.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson