Sunday, January 13, 2008

As the Deer

As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God,for the living God. Psalm 42:1-2


As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after Thee
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee

Chorus:


You alone are my strength, my shield
To you alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee


It’s a wonderful worship song with words taken directly from Psalm 42. I find scripture so much easier to remember when I've learned it with music!

Sometimes it is the circumstances of life that I find myself in that make me thirst for God. When I can't handle life's challenges on my own...when I have no wisdom and no solutions, then I have no choice but to remember how much I need Him! He alone can satisfy my deepest need and refresh me.


Blessings,



Photo taken near Jasper, AB

4 comments:

  1. Judy,
    your picture is so vibrant. I can almost hear the water running and the deer drinking near by.

    I always say, that no matter what happens if I can feel that peace that only comes from God during the turmoil, I'll be able to cope.

    Thank you for the beautiful reminder of where our strength lies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pic.. I also can remember scripture better in song.
    A very fitting post for my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, thanks for visiting me again. THat is one of my very favorite songs. I'm not a good singer, I try the alto part. But my best friend sings solos and in choruses at church, and I love to sit by her and listen to her sing this song. It has given me great comfort over the years through trials and through joys and it brings me back to remember from whence my strength cometh. THanks for the reminder. God bless - Vickie

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson