Wednesday, January 2, 2008

out with the old...in with the new

I was so busy cooking and preparing for our big family dinner yesterday, I totally forgot what page I should be on. Until someone asked me where I got my Robert Duncan calendar...


...and I realized I still had my 2007 edition hanging on the wall. So that was my first order of business today, January 2nd...replace my "Simple Things" calendar from last year, with the latest edition. I've been a Robert Duncan fan for years, and have a few of his framed prints hanging on my walls...they suit me just fine! Robert Duncan is an artist who believes that it's the simple things in life that bring us happiness and fulfillment...time spent with loved ones, nature, a good book. Those are the things he captures in his pictures...those are the things I love!

Each of our lives is like a painting and we are the master.
Each day and each act can be another stroke on the canvas.
If our hearts are in the right place, we will create something of beauty
that will touch people's lives and be remembered.
-Robert Duncan
I rather like his quote too. It's a new year...the canvas is clean...let's touch the lives of those around us with something of beauty!
So my new calendar is now hanging on the wall...which brings me to my next order of business! I have a limited edition 2008 calendar created just for you (one of my faithful blogging friends), waiting for a new wall to hang on. I would just like to thank all of you who have dropped by to visit me on 'my front porch' these past months! And thanks for your comments and words of encouragement...it's been so fun 'meeting' new friends out there in blogland. If you left me a comment these past two days, your name is in the jar! And now my unbiased assistant
has arrived to pick a name...

And the winner is...Betty r!


I first met Betty through Lovella's blog (and I believe she is from Steinbach, Manitoba). If you would send me your mailing address by e-mail, Betty, I'll get the calendar in the mail asap. One of my favorite photos in the calendar you will be receiving is one I took in Manitoba...of my sister's garden.

I think Robert Duncan would like it too!


And now it is high time for "out with the old...and in with the new"! Everything still looks a whole lot like Christmas around here...and (sadly) it all needs to be put away. It's so much more fun putting it up, than taking it down. I'm trying to remember what this place looked like before I decorated for Christmas. I'm thinking it must have been rather bleak and bare! I might have to find a few new things to brighten things up a bit on these drab winter days.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, Judy...I am so excited that I won the calendar!! I was just telling hubby today that I still needed a calendar in my kitchen and would need to find a nice one somewhere...it is after all in a place that everyone sees. And now I will have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am such a Robert Duncan fan too. The only problem is that they are a bit too big for my small space. I have several tucked away that I could never part with.

    I'm so thrilled for Betty to have won your draw. I always feel that the gals who faithfully comment without having someone comment back on their blog (that doesn't exist) deserve a bit of a extra applause. So . .congratulations Betty.

    I've nearly finished taking down my stuff and yes the house looks bare and bleak . . .where is my spring stuff . .. little early?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert Duncan, eh? Well I'm off to do some Googling.

    I bought a calendar for my sister's birthday, but now that she's leaving in two weeks, I needed to find one stat. Though it was on sale for half price, it's not anything that I am going to truly love. Perhaps it'll grow on me and become a favorite before year's end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.robertduncanstudios.com/

    Oh, yes, great stuff! Much better than what I have to look at for the next twelve months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you saved the 2007 calendar...I don't think I could throw that art away...Happy New Year, how many resolutions have you broken so far? Me, last count 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, congratulations to Betty for winning! Wooo hooo!
    Second, thank you for introducing me to Robert Duncan. What wonderful artwork!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson