Sunday, January 20, 2008

Daily Dose

"Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart." (Jeremiah 15:16)

God’s Word can us bring great joy…but only if we read it! I love to visit my favorite blogs and find encouragement…but how much more should I want to visit God’s Word daily to find wisdom and strength for the journey. To quote our pastor, “You won’t grow stronger in your Christian walk by reading ‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’ or by watching ‘Touched by an Angel’ reruns." We need to have a daily dose of His Word.

I’m honoured to have received the daily dose award from Vee this week. What it means is that she likes to come pay me a visit daily…and I like to have her. She is funny and honest…and is going through deep waters at this time. One of these days I’ll pass along this award to some of my favorite blogger friends…but in the meantime I will keep it as a reminder that God’s Word should be my daily dose priority!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Judy.
    We follow "Daily bread" for our devotional, the theme for today is "Everyone is valuable to God." reading 2 Samuel chapter 9.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your post today on needing a "daily dose" from God's Word..I read your post and said amen!..a friend and I are keeping each other accountable to read through the book of James this week. Then we'll go on to another book.
    Hubby and I also use "daily bread" for our devotional each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the Daily Dose award! You deserve it...
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. mwwwwwahhhh! That's cause I just think you're great!!

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson