Tuesday, January 15, 2008

clear skies and cotton candy...

What a beautiful morning! We had a major wind storm last night...I guess it blew away all the clouds. This morning there is a skiff of snow over everything...the sun is shining and the skies are clear. I took this photo off the back patio this morning and a bald eagle flew through my picture, just to make my day!

It's the perfect day to put on the pedometer and walk! I'm looking forward to being motivated by all those who joined Lovella's walking club. Unfortunately, I came down with some kind of cold/flu thing and haven't been out for the last few days. I actually looked through the cupboards for some Buckley's Mixture this morning, but to no avail. Does anyone else remember that stuff? It tasted horrid, but seemed to work. When I was a kid we had three things in the medicine cabinet...Buckley's, aspirin and bandaids. That pretty much covered all the bases!

Lellow celebrated it’s grand opening on Saturday, so I stopped by in the afternoon. They had a busy day…a steady stream of people coming and going. I just thought I’d show you what a few of their favorite customers picked out while I was there.

This one had her heart set on pink Converse hightops. (I saw them on her feet later, so I guess she struck a deal!).

Her sister was more interested in the pink cotton candy!

Ryder was already wearing his favorite shoes...so he went straight for something he could push around. Their wooden toys from France are great!


And Ranen checked out a ‘Light:Night’. It’s a ‘hand-on’ place…the kids try everything out!

Lellow is a shop for modern kids in the boutiquey area of our downtown…operated by my daughter, Heidi and her business partner, Fran. By the time they opened in November they were into the Christmas season, so postponed their grand opening until January. Customers enjoyed live music and refreshments…cotton candy and balloons for the kids. It looked like a good time was had by all!

Have a sunny day...

7 comments:

  1. I'd love Lellow's myself! The kids seem to have struck deals all round...but I do love cotton candy!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun...wish those gals a booming business.
    I love your view from the patio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judy, I hope you feel better soon. I heard that you are supposed to rub Vicks Vapo rub on the bottom of the feet and put on wool socks if your coughing.

    Oh, I haven't been in Lellow YET but both of my grandbaies are sporting a gift from the boutique. I'm thinking I may get there this week.

    Oh your view is glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I sure hope you're feeling better! The picture of the landscape is gorgeous! And that eagle just made the photo!
    The kids look like they're have a wonderful time! : )

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo is exquisite! What an incredible start to any day...

    Yup, I wish that there was a "Lellow's" type of store in my community. I have two little fellows to buy birthday gifts for and I am stumped. It looks as if I'd find unique choices there. Continued best wishes for the success of the store.

    It's crazy that this flu/cold thing is around in Blogdom. Do you suppose it's catching? LOL! I have been just miserable with it for two days. My eyes are so weak that I've got to shut the computer down before I go blind. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lellow's sounds like a very fun place to shop. As far as I know, we don't have them here....but then I don't have any reason to be looking for things for kids....

    I just love the photo of the mountains in the distance and that bald eagle - gorgeous! I always enjoy your photos of the area where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you'll visit me today and pick up your award. :)

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson