Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I spoke too soon...

What I said last week is no longer true!  
I bemoaned the fact that after five years we still had not seen the 'red' on our red sunset maples. 

Today I am definitely seeing red.
  Sometimes we must just exercise a little patience!

It's November...
and we know all the leaves will soon be leaving us.

Some trees are already bare...
I noticed as I was out and about yesterday.


The sun is shining.
I'm planning on working outside today...
and enjoying all those red leaves while they are still on the trees!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. Our reds and golden have left us a while back. Only the dark green of the coniferous trees remains. You certainly captured some excellent shots! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful, Judy! I'm so glad that you were wrong. Reminds me a little of my post today. Enjoy the great outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious couple of days we are getting and yes the colors seem to be at their peak! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really enjoying the autumn trees this year. I think the older I get the more the seasons mean to me...perhaps because time is passing more quickly..or does it just seem that way? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for red maples!What a wonderful surprise for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah for red, orange, yellow and all the other colors out there, but especially the RED!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally we have some beautiful color in our part of the world. I was outside today enjoying the leaves blowing about..it is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you get lots done outside? It sure was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson