Sunday, September 14, 2008

Living Water


If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.
Whoever believes in me,
as the Scripture has said,
streams of living water will flow from within him.
John 7:37-38

We have out of town family staying with us this weekend...and with the temperatures reaching record highs today...we are planning to take them to Bridal Falls this afternoon. It is about 10 minutes from our yard...and about a fifteen minute hike through shady rainforest. By the time we reach the waterfall, we will need a little refreshment...and we won't mind the mist falling all around us one bit! It's free...it's refreshing...there's lots of water.

Our local 'stream of living water' is a reminder to me to remain focused on God...and if He is at the centre of my life I will be refreshed and invigorated by His living water.

6 comments:

  1. Have a delightfully refreshing time!

    Water is falling all around here, too. Not quite in the "mist" category, but I'm sure that it has potential for being refreshing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, how beautiful. And, such a comforting scripture.

    Enjoy your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous waterfall! Enjoy your day.
    'Oh Holy Spirit fall fresh on me'...and that was our message this morning in church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how wonderful. that is a beautiful waterfall. enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too Funny.
    The post is great, but guess where we landed up this evening.
    Look at for my post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Javablu Award and a Million Dollar Friend Award for you today on my post. Please stop by to pick it up, and know that I really do love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson