Thursday, May 10, 2012

buying time...

It has been some time since Christmas...and I still had a Christmas present to pick out.  We got a gift certificate to a neat little country store called the 'Garden Shed' as a gift from our friends and business associates.  Since I was of the notion that everything in the 'shed' was about gardening...I thought I would go on my shopping spree once spring arrived.  Spring is here!  I set off yesterday with my gift card in hand...


...and was quite surprised to find a shop full of home decor items as well.  My pick?  Why...I bought the gift of time!  We had always wanted an outdoor clock on our back patio...and I found one that not only keeps time, but also gives the temperature...and tells us if it is going to rain.  Or not.  And the colours were right.  It's kind of nice to go Christmas shopping in May!

As for buying time...we could use a few more hours in the day at this time of the year.  Once the grass is all off the fields...the corn still needs to be planted.  That's spring....on the farm.

Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

  1. It is nice to shop on someone else's dime anytime of the year. Don't you just love new discoveries? I like the planter shaped like a purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to shop with a gc. What a wonderful find, too. It will look perfect on your porch! And, goodness knows, you want to be kept apprised of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have the fun of a Christmas gift at this time of year - and to find one that fits so well with your place. That clock sounds like a very good idea, although I'm pretty sure you can look off into the distance and see the rain rolling in over the valley or coming over the mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this year I don't want to miss some fresh Chilliwack corn!! Love that clock/thermometer! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love garden stores - in fact we're picking up a garden store certificate today for Roger's mom for mother's day. Your clock will be a great addition to your patio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always need to keep finding ways to buy time for the exact things that I love to do. I hope you enjoyed your day browsing through the Shed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a sweet little garden shop - I love your clock! I think the missing hours 4-5 and 7-8 are meant for some YOU time on the patio with a tall lemon-aide or cup of tea???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the natural tones in your new clock - and the missing hours! Any time of year is right for a lovely addition to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a very nice store and you picked out a pretty outdoor clock, Judy. The gift of time is definitely welcomed all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think maybe I would have made the same choice you did. It fits in perfectly with your porch. Is it coffee time on the deck for you this morning?

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson