Friday, October 31, 2008

muffins and munchkins...

Apple crisps, cobblers, pies, cakes, sauces...and muffins! We've been having apple everything...

...and here's a quick and easy apple muffin recipe that I've been baking for as long as I can remember. The recipe came from Betty Crocker's cookbook...copyright 1969...one of my all-time favorite cookbooks.

"Hot muffins to warm the inner man"...well, that's what the cookbook says. One of the nice things about making muffins is...no mixer is required!

One dozen is hardly worth the effort...so I usually do a double or triple batch. And, although muffins are best served hot out of the oven, moist apple muffins are just fine warmed up later on...or the next day. So if you are looking for ways to use all those apples...may I suggest apple muffins.

This is also the day the little munchkins come calling! I'm preparing bags for my special little visitors...and we'll be joining our gang up the hill at Ranen's house tonight.

Have you noticed the birds are all heading south? We're thinking they have a good thing going...and are preparing to join them. There's lots to do!




6 comments:

  1. Your muffins sound and look delicious. If I have time today I am going to whip up a batch.
    The munchkins in your photo look so cute.
    Have a happy day,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, yummy muffins!
    I am not so sure that I would be so brave at to take a picture of the inside of my oven at the present moment...;^)
    what little cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just enough apples here to make an apple crisp. John is already begging for mercy in the baking department. Seems he's gained a bit of weight since marrying me. I'm shocked!

    Enjoy the munchkins tonight! Hope we'll get a glimpse of their costumes. Love the photo of the twins a few years ago. Bet they'll wear bigger smiles tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween Judy...I want to come to your house tonight for trick or treats and get a muffin!!

    Your grandkids look adorable in their costumes...so much fun for them.

    I was inspired by your previous post Judy, what a wonderful cause, to make up those Christmas boxes for those that are less fortunate. Great idea and to share this with your grandchildren, by teaching them to serve others. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the fun with the grands tonight. Such cute costumes. Hope we get a peek at tonights costumes too. The muffins look yummy. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come to your house for muffins and cider? :) I love coming to your blog. There are always good recipes, cute kid pics, or something inspirational to read. 3 days and counting until my folks "fly South" for the winter, along with the birds. Snowbirds from Chilliwack they are too!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson