- 10 cups tomatoes (peeled, chopped and drained)
- 8 small jalapeno peppers chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/3 cups vinegar
- 1 can 12 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3 Tablespoons pickling salt
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.
- Ladle into jars; tighten lids and process for 20 minutes in hot water bath.
*Optional : Stir in 1/3 cup cornstarch diluted in cold water and simmer for several minutes to thicken salsa before filling jars.
This is a zippy salsa; if you prefer yours on the mild side, remove all the seeds and ribs from inside the jalapeno peppers.