Monday, April 29, 2013

farewell to the tulips of 2013...

We don't need to drive far to see tulip fields...
as the Tulips of the Valley are just across the river from our place.
  
Heidi called on Friday...
to see if I might want to join them on a trek to the tulip fields sometime soon.

We realized we better go right away...
or we would miss them this year...
since this was the last weekend the fields were open.

Off we went.
Heidi, Maggie, Lucy and Grammy.

And when we arrived...
Maggie couldn't believe her good fortune.
Her good friend and neighbour was arriving at the very same time.


 Tiptoeing through tulip fields with friends makes it all the more fun!


Lucy thought so too.


Though some of the fields had already been mowed...


 ...we still found lots of colour.


Popping pinks...


...and bright reds.


Lucy really wanted to do a little picking!


For the record ~ 2013!


Maggie and her friend skipped around the entire field.
They picked up the pace a little when they noticed a real-life princess standing in the flowers.


Tulips make a great backdrop for wedding photos...
don't you think?



 She made it!
 (Lucy that is)


Farewell to the tulips of 2013...
at least those on Seabird Island.

I will continue to enjoy the tulips in my garden for another week or so.

It's been a busy weekend.
I'll be back to tell you about it...soon.


19 comments:

  1. I just can't get over the tulip pictures you and Ellen have posted - they are stunning! Those little girls are adorable and what a fun outing that must have been. My tulips haven't opened quite yet but I have hope that they soon will. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I wish I could see them in person, but since I can't, your photos are enough. What a fun outing! (I'm with Lucy, I'd wish to pick one too...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! God has an incredible color palate. What a great place for photos, some of them looked like paintings!!!
    So happy I stopped by today :-)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little girls! Maggie truly can't get enough of Emma, and Lucy is always happy to be with Grammy. Fun day, thanks mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tulips are beautiful, but the girls enjoying the fields is what made the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so beautiful. Are the tulip bulbs harvested for commercial sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Barb...it's all about the bulbs. So they seem to cut the flowers off while they are still looking lovely.

      Delete
  7. Love tulips so much...so aware what a short period of time they will grace gardens all over my city. They dazzle in the front yards of the humblest and grandest of home equally well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful colors as far the eye can see! The only sights more beautiful are of the little girls and their lovely Mother and Grandmother that were visiting the fields! You are fortunate to have the tulips fileds across the river form where you live, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing lines of colour, and how sweet the children look amongst them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if we can ever say goodbye to tulips. After today's little tea, I think 'tulips' will remain forever in our minds.
    Looks like one beautiful day for all of you tiptoeing through the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh.My.Goodness! Those colors are gorgeous...as is the picture of you and your girls! Lucy is getting so big! What a beautiful way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy, what exceptional pictures!!! I just sat here starring at each picture. The one of you, your daughter, and granddaughters is so beautiful!

    Please visit my blog and see how thrilled I was today, to receive my treasured new copy of the "Celebrations" Cookbook. What a masterpiece! It far exceeds my expectations. Thanks to everyone of you most talented women, for all you put into creating such a special book. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That must have been a beautiful day! One year I will get over to see those fields, but in the meantime I am enjoying my pots and beds of tulips - still thrilled with the deer fence that makes it possible to have tulips here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!, that is beautiful! So glad everyone had a fun day in the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! So nice that they are so close to home...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Little girls and tulips just go together! So beautiful. And it's extra special to see a princess. We have nothing so lovely here so I am happy to see it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thіs ωeek on “Dаncіng With the Stars”, Miκе “The Situation” Sorrentino and
    his partner, Κarina Smirnoff рerformed the
    Аrgentine Τango. "Black Swan" molds an еmotional mash-up οf
    two highly influentіal films: The Archerѕ's "The Red Shoes" and Roman Polanski's "Repulsion".
    Sugаr companies cοntinued to make the fuel and learned hоw to cut costs, encοuragеd by a state requiremеnt that аll gasoline be mixed with еthanol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such gorgeous flowers, row after row of color. The sweetest flowers are those little faces you showed us. Tulips are just beginning to open and drop their petals here. It's a short season, but so welcome.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson