Monday, May 27, 2013

spring showers...

A bridal shower for Paulina...


...brought together all the girls of the family on Saturday night.

Paulina married my nephew Jamison at a small intimate ceremony...
on the beach on Vancouver Island's western shore.

They just returned from their honeymoon...
and are having a reception for friends and family next weekend.

First...
we had a bridal shower for Paulina.

I smiled as I saw most everyone arriving with packages beautifully wrapped in black and white.
It seems we all shopped at the same place!

And of course she was gifted a cookbook...


Nola was ready to assist as needed!
What girl does not like unpacking china?


And between all the unwrapping and chatting...
we dipped into the appetizer spread.

Welcome to the family...
Paulina.

I forgot to ask Paulina if she traded in her surname for a new one.
That is not to be taken for granted these days.
I rather liked the surname she grew up with.
 It is one I shared with her. 

On to showers of another variety...
the wet ones.
We had planned a Sunday afternoon hike with the three grands that are spending a few days here.
We awoke to rain on Sunday morning...
and by mid-afternoon it was still sprinkling.
The hike to Cascade Falls was postponed...
while we played Monopoly and  ping pong...
and did some loom knitting.

According to the weatherman...
we will be blessed with more showers until the end of the week.
It is spring after all...
and we do live on the west coast!  




10 comments:

  1. Showers of all sorts over your way! I love a bridal or baby shower that includes children - they love a party.
    We had a rainy weekend as well - good for pulling weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a showery week here too as I attended a bridal shower at our church and there were several black and white wrapped gifts from a certain big box store. And there were the constant rains. The sun is peeking through this morning though. Hopefully it will dry up this week. The Tall Ships Festival is this weekend in Miramichi City where thousands are expected to attend so sunny days are on order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're wrapped up in those spring showers along with you. I'm still in my robe. Maybe I'll get dressed soon. How fun to shower the new bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Showers are such a fun way of blessing someone and being blessed by the time spent together. I was eyeing those cherry tomato appies on skewers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love showers and that food looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a wonderful time! And oh the food....Judy, were you standing on a chair to take that delicious photo???
    Showers of the bridal kind and fun and the others are needed and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks like fun at the shower...and the food...yummy! Yes..we have showers here too. I rather like them at night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is among the most vital information for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But want
    to remark on some general things, The website style is great, the articles is really
    nice : D. Good job, cheers

    Here is my web page: Abercrombie Et Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice bridal shower for Paulina! I was also wondering how you were able to take such an overhead photo of the appetizers --that was neat!

    My friends in NYC told me that the east coast is also getting many rain showers. I think Colorado will need them next as it is beginning to get dry here again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure do know how to provide the most beautiful showers for your family and friends. The food table looks so appetizing! As for the new cookbook she was gifted with, I know she will be thrilled with that! I am with mine, and I am passing it around so others are buying them here. You all are gaining a fan club in my part of the world.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson