Sunday, January 31, 2010

a call to worship...

Bring gifts and celebrate,
Bow before the beauty of God,
Then to your knees—everyone worship!
Psalm 96: 8-9
The Message

'On worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness'...are the words in the King James version of the scriptures. They were words that were written across the front of our church when I was a child...and I read them every Sunday as I sat in the pew...and I see them even now in my mind's eye. They are words that often come to mind when I see the artwork of our Creator stretched across the evening sky...or the morning sky. How can one help but bring our gift of thanks...and bow before our Maker?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. How can we not worship? Have a great day Judy!
    The verse in front of the Russian Baptist Church growing up and still there today were "Behold I stand at the door and knock"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even seeing the picture of such beauty makes me want to worship. A very nice post for Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!!! The mind is amazing how it can regard memories from childhood, and the special verses we may have heard over and over. The picture you shared causes me to sing in worship to my my Creator and God. Inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Judy. What wonders God provides and how humble and thankful we must be before Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Do you know how often I think about that verse behind the choir? If I didn't get much from the preacher of the day, at least that verse was burned into my memory FOREVER. I have often thought that my current home church should put that verse up on the wall behind the pulpit. Whatever happened to those letters? Did they get sold with the church or did someone put them somewhere? I know Esther has the old pulpit...sort of. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder! I think they were likely still up when the church was sold. Wouldn't it be neat to have them now? Rev. Thielman apparently made the letters.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson