Sunday, August 16, 2009

I am not skilled...

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. Ecclesiastes 11:5

I was reminded once again this week...there are things in this life that I will never understand. Now I can only rejoice with those who rejoice...and weep with those who weep...and one day I will see the big picture.

My Saviour, My God
~click to listen

I am not skilled to understand
What God hath willed, what God hath planned;
I only know that at His right hand
Is One Who is my Savior!

I take Him at His word indeed;
“Christ died for sinners”—this I read;
For in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Savior!

That He should leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die,
You count it strange? So once did I,
Before I knew my Savior!

And oh, that He fulfilled may see
The travail of His soul in me,
And with His work contented be,
As I with my dear Savior!

Yea, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this Spring;
That He Who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior!

The lyrics to this hymn were written in 1873 by Dora Greenwell...the version I have been enjoying recently is by Aaron Shust.

7 comments:

  1. So much is beyond our understanding, but the gift of faith is just that - a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trusting God right now to see me through a tough time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hymn says it so beautifully. . .our mind can not wrap around the plans of God. ..
    Oh that I would trust him fully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Judy! The past two weeks we have attended the wakes and funeralss of two different friend's parents. It is hard to lose soemone no matter what age they are, and faith in the Lord and His love is so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting Dorothy Greenwell's great hymn. I'm not a fan of Shust's contemporary version, but the message remains: There are many things we don't understand in life. But that Christ has provided eternal salvation for all who will trust in Him, that we know!

    If you'd like to learn a bit more about Miss Greenwell, I invite you to check out my daily blog on hymn history, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson