Thursday, August 25, 2011

my favorite B & B next door...

At long last...there is a Bath and Bodyworks in my part of the world.  In the past...most every trip to the USA required a stop at 'B and B' to stock up on soaps...and candles...and other yummy smelling potions.  They have finally moved north of the border...and last week they opened at a mall nearby.


Heidi and I packed up Lucy and went to check out the new location.  We came bearing coupons...and took advantage of their grand opening specials.  When all was said and done...Bath and Bodyworks almost had to pay us to shop there.  I said 'almost'! 

It seems I'll hardly have an excuse to head south anymore!  Having said that...I have a very good reason to be there right about now.  It's time for the annual camping trip with the grands...and the KOA just south of the border happens to be their chosen spot. I'll tell you all about it...after the weekend. 

14 comments:

  1. Have a happy happy weekend!

    I thought it was verboten for Canadians to use scent???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a surprise to this Canadian, Vee! Even though I grew up in a part of Canada that usually smells fresh (like new-mowed grass, rain, evergreens...), we enjoyed adding to it...LOL Enjoy the camping weekend, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on my side of the line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun camping! We under hurricane alert for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good that you don't live in our part of the world, or you probably would not be going camping this weekend. I hope you have a wonderful, memorable time with the grands. How blessed they are to have grandparents like you two.

    I enjoy every trip I make to the B&B store. I can smell it now, especially in the Fall of the year. The apple spice candles make my whole house smell good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if we'll ever have one on the Island? I'll have to check that out the next time I'm over your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have FUN!! Can't wait to see the posts!

    My mother loves the 'Warm Vanilla Sugar' at B & B ...my daughter loves the Coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been in a B&BW store since they stopped carrying my favorite soap....a glycerine soap, cucumber-melon. I loved that soap!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful camping trip with the grands. I imagine you're all looking forward to it and the weather is going to be wonderful. We once passed by Bellis Fair but the farmer couldn't find room in the parking lot right away so we headed north out the next mall exit...have I told you this already??? Likely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just think...soon you will have your very first hometown B&B Christmas. Best stocking stuffer secret Santa store ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!! I just stumbled upon your blog from pinterest.com on how to make the ice bowls. So great to see other believers in other parts of the world and experience their lives as well. :) You should try the massage oils at B&B. I love them!! With my husband out of a job and me possibly losing mine, it's fun to think of places to possibly eventually move to as well. :) How is Canada's economy right now? Are there many jobs available?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love B & B but I can't stay in the store too long...too many smells I am allergic to.

    Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds (and smells!) like a store I'd love.

    Hope you have a grand camping trip!!

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson