Sunday, April 26, 2009

draw near...

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
James 4:8

My dad has been in the hospital for some time now...and all of last week he was in isolation. What that meant was that we couldn't get near him without donning masks and gloves. I took Ryder along with me one day...and he thought it was all quite humorous...wearing a costume to see great-grandpa. His amusement soon wore off...and the mask and gloves were discarded. We all figured out that it isn't much fun visiting through protective gear. It's really hard to converse...and you feel quite stand-offish.


I was reminded that God also wants a relationship with us...without all the stuff that gets in the way. I'm all in favour of throwing off the mask...and the gloves...and drawing close to our Maker. It's what He wants.

Blessings...


11 comments:

  1. Amen to that Judy! God has been my support and "whisperer" for so long, that I just take it for granted that He talks to me, and surely He talks to everyone else? I'm reminded of the old tv commercial...when so and so talks, people listen...only with me it's "when God speaks, Sandi listens!" Loved this post and hope that Great Grandpa is going to get better so he can love you all sans masks gowns and gloves!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Judy. . you really have the gift of finding the everyday and putting it into context for us all. . in ways that draw us to the Father. .
    Oh and cute picture too. . I was reminded immediately on how our boys would help themselves to gloves and other "free" stuff when visiting their grandpas in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, what a thought. You would like to take off the gloves and gowns to get closer to your maker, but I'm sure you would also like to take them off to get closer to you Dad, which means he would be getting better. I hope that happens soon. Dairymary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this analogy! It's inspired. We're praying that your dad is feeling better and doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great object lesson Judy!
    Ryder is so cute.
    Thanks.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so hoping I would come here to read that your father is better. You are all in my prayers.

    I'm with you. I want to reach out and feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so true, Judy!
    I hope that your dad was well enough to enjoy the sight of his great-grandchild - those curls would have to make anyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, I love this post. How truly blessed we are to go before our Heavenly Father just as we are...not having to hide anything. It sure must be painful for you to have to wear that stuff to visit when your dear dad. I hope that he will soon be feeling much better. Great analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tulips are spectacular dear friend. Praying for you father to recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy I'm sorry to hear that your Dad is in hospital. My prayers will be for his quicl recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry about your Dad. Beautiful analogy. I will pray for him.

    Mermaid Debbie

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson