Tuesday, June 29, 2010

a Canadian twist....

We have a favorite snack around here...especially with the grands.  It's an all-Canadian snack made by Old Dutch...called popcorn twists.  Though I love popcorn...it comes with hulls and kernels...and bits that tend to get stuck in teeth.  Popcorn twists are a yummy alternative...fluffy, salty and crisp.  When my children were little...they knew they could count on grandma to have popcorn twists whenever they went for a visit.  When my own grandchildren arrived...I continued the tradition.  When wanting a snack...they head for the pantry in search of popcorn twists.

Maelyn finished off the dish of twists...


...and thought she should replenish the supply.

Oh...such yummy goodness!

Never mind the bowl...she decided she would eat straight from the bag.  After all...four cups of popcorn twist have a mere 300 calories.

Old Dutch popcorn twists...my recommendation for a snack for the grands...and for the Grammy as well! If you have never tried them...you might want to check them out on your next visit to Canada.  Or place an order...I'm sure they ship around the world!

Canada Day is just around the corner...and we are making plans.  Today is the final day of school for my grands.  Sunshine or shadow...it's summertime! 


13 comments:

  1. I love those popcorn twists too! Why eat from a bowl when you can eat from the bag?
    Great photos Judy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great advertisement for the twists with Maelyn! What a cutie! I might have to pick up a bag when I come to Canada :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll be thanking you all day for putting the thought of this snack into my head!!! I'll have to get some for Thursday's collection of treats! What cute photos of little Maelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love popcorn twists as well and forgot it was a Canadian treat. Your pictures are so sweet. .thank you for sharing and enjoy that end of school fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize these were Canadian - no wonder I like them! Have to add them to the lists of 'Canadiana' for July 1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had these in years, but now I think I'll add them to my grocery list.
    Love the picture of getting the last crumb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw... so cute! (I didn't know they were Canadian either ...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to look for popcorn twist. My daughter loves popcorn but she hates when the kernals get stuck in her teeth. We have to stop everything and floss right away! This sounds like a great alternative.

    Kelli
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first introduction to Old Dutch popcorn twists, and what a cute introduction it was. Your little granddaughter is so adorable. I love the picture of her holding the bag up to her face. These pictures could be used as the perfect advertisement for the product. Good photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And so much cleaner than cheese puffs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maelyn is an excellent endorser of Popcorn Twists! They sound delicious and I like that they are such low calorie snacks. May I ask what is the salt content per serving, Judy, as that is always something I am careful about?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like the perfect solution for all those who have troubles with pop corn. I've never seen such a product.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now those sound delish, and dear Maelyn seals the deal!

    Have a good old summer time with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson