Wednesday, June 30, 2010

no more pencils, no more books....

School is out!  That would mean summer has officially arrived...according to my granddaughters. 

Ye-haw!  That's reason enough to do a cartwheel or two...not that Emme needs an excuse.

They had only a half-day of school yesterday...and since their mom had an appointment...Ryder and Grammy went to pick up the girls. 

They were all smiles...and quite confident they would be in the fourth grade next year! 

Their first order of business at my place...was to check out the report cards.  They both showed me the most important part...promoted to grade four!  We had walking tacos for lunch...


...and then drove to the nearest ice-cream parlour for dessert.  The last day of school deserves a celebration!  How does a root beer float ice-cream cone sound to you?  It got the thumbs up!! 

I stopped by the farmyard late yesterday afternoon to get the lawnmower...and saw this box of brightly coloured balls sitting there.  Hmmm. 

Though there was no one around to explain what they might be...I'm thinking the girls are getting ready for a water fight.  Yes...it's summertime!  What fun. 


Have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. What fun! Holidays are so lovely...and long...when you are that age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to start holidays..love those cartwheels!
    And of course the lunch sounds good too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've captured that wonderful last-day-of-school feeling - and what a grandma you are...treats all around to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember what a great day that was - when I was in school, and later when my children were in school. Looks like you made it a perfect day for the girls - and Ryder too! He probably wants to go to school just so he can celebrate the last day with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the gals for passing on to grade 4 (though how this has happened so quickly, I have no idea. Were they not just first graders the last time I knew?)

    That was one long school year! Hope that summer has many happy recompenses. Looks as if Grammy has that well under control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect schools out for the summer photos, with just the right kind of celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be the best grammie ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Par-tee!!! Can't wait to read what you and yours will do to celebrate tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy end of school for this season to your grandchildren, Judy!
    Your celebration sounds like a wonderful success.

    It's hard to believe the girls will be going to fourth grade already! Where do the years go?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since you are journeying a few years ahead of me in the grandparenting experience, I am thankful to be taking lessons from you. This looks like so much fun. You are a good grandma, no doubt about it. Fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WooHoo! for the fourth graders!!! My grandson will be in the sixth grade next year. How did that happen!

    We did ice cream for the last day of school, too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suh a fun post! Your granddaughters and, of course, Ryder too ...are so lucky to have you close, but I can see how they bring a lot of joy into your days. Their holidays will change your routines and so I wish you happy summer holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special day you got to mark with the grands. I just checked out the recipe for your walking taco's...that is an amazing idea, so fun for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so fun. ..I do hope the weather warrants a water fight soon ..very soon.
    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.
    Also visit my weblog ... Party Invitations

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson