Friday, February 10, 2012

a message in a bottle...

Valentine's Day is just around the corner...
and here's gift idea for someone you care about!
It won't cost you much either...
mostly a little investment of time.
It is the 'gift of words'.
...a 'message in a bottle'.


I'm dropping one off on the doorstep of a friend today.
I wrote her a little note on parchment...
rolled it up tightly in an oil/vinegar bottle...
and tied on a bow for good measure.
The bow is recycled...
but she'll never know.
The words...
they are meant just for her.

Last summer we celebrated a milestone wedding anniversary.
I wanted to get hubby a special gift for the occasion...
but really could not think of anything.
I don't recall where I got the notion to give him a 'message in a bottle'...


...but it turned out to be a good notion!

I wrote a letter to him...
and told him what he meant to me.
Things I rarely say...
but should be said! 
I rolled up the letter...
and packaged it up in a lovely bottle.
That gift means more to him than any watch or ring I could have purchased.

You still have a few days.
Write a letter to those you love!

Have a wonderful weekend...

22 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Sometimes it's easier to "write" the things we should have said to our loved ones. What a wonderful way to do it - so personal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful idea Judy! Thanks for sharing it now when we still have the chance to say the things that matter most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, that is a beautiful idea! Words, left unsaid, can be our greatest regret one day... to say them while we can, can be our greatest gift. Thank you for sharing an idea on how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy I love it!!!!!
    What an awesome, thoughtful gift to give to someone you value..

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This ocean soul luuuuuuuvs decorating with messages in bottles. I even love the movie "Message in a Bottle". But this is a great idea for valentines! Luuuuuuv it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great Idea - a meaningful gift packaged in a creative container. I might borrow this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a meaningful idea. That's exactly what I received this morning from another friend. Truly something special to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely going to steal that idea! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful gift and a wonderful encouragement Judy! thanks for sharing that...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A romantic and meaningful idea! Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GOOD idea! You are just chock full of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea, Judy. Words are so powerful and affirming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea! Sharing one's heart is so meaningful! The bottle makes it even better. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea! Sharing one's heart is so meaningful! The bottle makes it even better. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely idea Judy. So elegant, and thoughtful. I'll be looking for unique bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great idea and one that everybody would love to receive. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful idea...especially for those who are difficult to buy for. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a very nice idea and beautifully presented.

    I always write a special poem or heartfelt message to my husband, about how much he means to me, in every card I give to him and he does the same for me. We have saved each others cards throughout the years, and every now and then we look through them and remember our special times.

    As you said so well, Judy, our words mean more than any material gift could ever mean!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea, and beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Words written from the heart sent in a bottle....I love that Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a 'Judy' thing to do - and to share. I just spent the weekend away with my daughter, and as much as we talked, there are still things I'd like to say to her - there can never be too many versions of 'I love you'.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson