This creamy dessert is always a favorite. It's been Heidi's 'birthday cake' for as long as I can remember...and as you can see, I always make lots because it just disappears!
- graham wafers
- vanilla pudding and pie filling, 6-serving size
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 square semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Line 9 x 13 inch ungreased pan with whole graham wafers, trimming to fit.
- Cook pudding with milk as directed, using only 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Allow to cool; spread over graham crackers in pan.
- Beat cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff. Spread over pudding.
- Top with second layer of whole graham crackers, trimming to fit.
- Mix icing sugar and milk together well. It needs to be fairly thin (add more milk if necessary). Spread over cracker layer.
- Melt chocolate with butter (in microwave). Drizzle over top.
- Chill. Let stand overnight before serving.
Cut into squares & enjoy!
Now you can go and make dessert
...and I better get packing.
We are off to Arizona tomorrow, if I manage to get myself organized by then!