Saturday, October 13, 2007

joyride to the accountant's...

Going to see the accountant is about as exciting as going to the dentist. But yesterday was different...the sun was shining, the fall colours were beautiful and I so enjoyed the drive. It was time to deliver our 'year-end' papers to Art, who lives out on the country roads of Rosedale and has his office on his property.

I couldn't resist a picture of Mt. Cheam looking down on the fall foliage of Cannor Garden's nursery.

And here is the freshly graded gravel road leading to Art's office...

...and the view out of his front window. How's that for a working environment for an accountant?

He agreed that he couldn't have a nicer spot to work from! And the visit itself was short & painless...Art is always cheerful and talkative.

The ride home took me down memory lane. I passed by the house we built when we were first married...I couldn't bring myself to take a picture because, well...it looks rather sad these days. What can I say? But it was good to see our old neighbourhood none the less...brought back a lot of good memories. It was usually at this time of the year that we were collecting hazelnuts in our neighbour's orchard...something the kids loved to do with us.

Then I passed by this old gem parked beside the road...he's seen better days but makes a nice picture.


And while I'm out that way, I always stop at the roadside stand for my bag of peppers.


Hmmm...I still need pumpkins for my front porch. $5 each. Let's see how much they are at Superstore first.


The world is a better place when the sun is shining...or so it seems! And so ended my joyride to visit my accountant.

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with the initial non excitement of going to the accountants for year end festivites but your ride to your accountants certainly is beautiful. Perhaps we need to make a change.
    I also understand the memories that come from driving past your first home. We occasionally drive past ours as well and we always feel a little sad when we see that its been neglected.
    I can't wait to see your front porch decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old truck was photo worth but not the house? =) How lovely the view was! Isn't God the most incredible artist?! Blessings.. Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures look like fall. Love the picture of the old truck.
    Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Judy,
    My legs are still tired. We walked 6.5km in 60 min. That's record time for me. I had to measure it last night. That walk could of been a private blog of our own.

    I love that signature. I'll keep working on it.
    I also loved your farming pictures. A great reminder from our dairy days.
    Those memories never leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'd just love to take a walk down that road into the yellow wood. Such a delightful batch of photos...each one is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many times we have taken that same drive to the same accountant's...and I have to agree that it is especially beautiful at this time of year. Your photos are fabulous and the colours are evidence of God's paintbrush. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson