Sunday, October 21, 2007

happy birthday, daughter of mine...

Happy birthday to Heidi...who's not thirty yet!

Life’s much too short...the years fly past,
My little girl grew up too fast!


Here's how Heidi ended her autobiography in the seventh grade: As you can see, my life has not been boring...in fact, it has been very exciting. "I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future", and that is true. I plan to live for many more years, and to write about them again.

So true...your life has not been boring! I'm so glad God chose you to be my daughter...we have made so many wonderful memories together over the years. May you always have confidence in Who holds your future!

Special Aunt ...written by Heidi age 12

Even though I love all my uncles and aunts dearly, I have one aunt who is very special to me ...my aunt Martha. We share the same birthday and have many other things in common. Although we don't talk very often since she lives in Kelowna, I often receive packages from her in the mail. In them are nuts and chocolates from Purdy's. I love her very much.

Happy Birthday to that special aunt...Martha!

5 comments:

  1. Hope that your daughter has an amazing birthday and a wonderful year. She's lovely! How'd the pillow turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!! Isn't it so worthwhile to keep all those special writings, projects, and cards from our kids.
    I can tell you worked to the wee hours. Have a wondeful day and celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Heidi.
    Judy, this is a lovely birthday wish for your daughter and aunt. My mom and neice also shared a birthday, what a special gift that is.
    I hope you have a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mom. I had a wonderful birthday and last night was great. I feel like I could use a little more boring in my life these days though...maybe that'll come. ...then again, probably won't.

    Love you. ~h

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what a wonderful heritage we have. I am so blest to be part of this family - and very surprised to be included in this blog. Yes Heidi - you were born on my birthday -- how well I remember that special morning when Elmer called saying they had a little girl Heidi Leanne. You are most special and gorgeous. Looks like you had a great party -- So did I. God Bless. Aunt Martha

    ReplyDelete

'The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson