We have a soaker tub in the bedroom, and the alcove around it was looking pretty bare.
I found this print done by a local artist that fit the bill perfectly...and came in the right colours. Since everything in the room was in creams & golds, I thought I would pick up a little of the seafoam blue/green in the picture and add a few accents.
I found this chair at the thrift store awhile back...it was the perfect size for this corner. I was looking for a low chair, since it would sit in front of a low window. The colour was actually OK in our room, so I haven't been in any hurry to re-cover it. However, it's soon time to garden, so I decided to complete my bedroom projects.
I bought a curtain panel on sale at Fabricland...along with a pattern for making a slipcover. The pattern was of no value, since the slipcover would have fit someone elses chair...but not this one! So I spent a lot of time trying to create a pattern...and then the actual sewing was easy. It turned out fine...pulls off for laundering...and I now have a pattern, so I can make more dresses for this chair if I so desire!
I was hoping to have enough fabric left to cover a stool which sits in our ensuite (also from the thrift store), but my remaining scraps wouldn't stretch to fit...
...so, after another trip to Fabricland, I got the stool covered last night and my projects are done for now. I quite like the new look!
There are no projects on the menu for today...since we are heading out of town for a funeral.