We've had them a few times now...and love 'em! Use your favorite french toast recipe....use any bread that appeals to you...and give it a go.
I like to use a somewhat custardy dipping batter....sort of a cross between french toast and waffles. This recipe is perfect for four large 'french toasted' waffles.
French Toast Waffles
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large slices bread (8 small)
- Preheat waffle maker and spray surface with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, then add remaining ingredients and whisk until well mixed.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into mixture and turn to cover both sides. Place in waffle maker and cook until golden brown.Serve with sausage and syrup...
...or loaded with strawberries and whipping cream. They are a great twist on an old favorite!
We had a skiff of fresh snow overnight...it looks like the perfect day to accomplish something in the office. Oh....so many possibilities! The thing with having an office/sewing room combination is that it's a little difficult to concentrate on completing the employee T4 slips for the business...when there's a fun project happening on the sewing machine. We'll see what the day brings.
Enjoy the day...